Section 2.01 of IBAT's Bylaws prescribes the requirements for eligibility in the association as follows:
Any FDIC-insured financial institution located and doing business in the State of Texas or other states deemed eligible by the association's Board of Directors that is locally owned or locally controlled, and either serves a single county of domicile plus contiguous counties or makes a majority of its loans in the local service area from which deposits are drawn and which accepts the philosophy of independent banks as evidenced by their actions and support shall be eligible for membership in the association and shall be issued a certificate of membership upon application therefore and tender of current dues as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
FDIC-insured financial institutions that don't meet the requirements of regular bank or correspondent associate membership could apply to become a Sustaining Member in the association. This category is open to community banks and savings banks that are not chartered in Texas, provided they do not offer correspondent banking services in Texas.
FDIC-insured banks that do not meet the criteria for regular membership and are offering correspondent banking services in the State of Texas could apply to become Correspondent Associates in the association.
Dues are based on the bank's assets. Click here to see our Dues Policy.
As an IBAT member bank you will receive:
- Exclusive community bank advocacy in the Texas state legislature, US Congress and before state and federal bank regulatory agencies;
- Member discount pricing on more than 100 educational events including IBAT’s annual convention and Leadership Conference;
- Complimentary attendance at IBAT regional meeting events;
- Complimentary access to IBAT’s community bank legal and regulatory team for guidance and direction on legal and compliance questions;
- Complimentary enrollment in member industry update webinars providing guidance on important regulatory and compliance “hot button” topics;
- Access to member only discounts made available by some 25 endorsed service partners, including Dell, that provide goods and services to your bank. IBAT member banks enjoyed substantial dollar savings through discounts or rebates;
- Complimentary online and PDF access to the American Banker - a value of over $1,875.00;
- Annual subscriptions to all IBAT print and electronic magazine and newsletters including The Texas Independent Banker magazine, Capitol Comments and the Bottom Line eNewsletter;
- Access to IBAT’s exclusive insurance agency, IBAT Financial Services, for member pricing and claims advocacy for bankers blanket bond, management liability and property and casualty underwriting. Nearly half of all community banks in Texas have come to rely on this agency for its insurance needs;
- Opportunities for recognition in your local community through a variety of award programs to demonstrate your bank’s unique community involvement;
- Guidance and complimentary resources to expand your bank’s community financial literacy efforts through IBAT’s Education Foundation.
- Complimentary access to the IBAT Compliance Forum featuring 1400 existing compliance questions asked by other IBAT members, as well as the ability to query the IBAT community.
How to Join
We'll be happy to send you a comprehensive membership packet or arrange a visit from Darlene Revers, Vice President of Membership. Call our membership department at 800/749-4228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.