Criteria - Section 2.01 of IBAT's Bylaws prescribes the requirements for eligibility in the association as follows:
Any FDIC-insured financial institution located and doing business in the State of Texas or other states deemed eligible by the association's Board of Directors that is locally owned or locally controlled, and either serves a single county of domicile plus contiguous counties or makes a majority of its loans in the local service area from which deposits are drawn and which accepts the philosophy of independent banks as evidenced by their actions and support shall be eligible for membership in the association and shall be issued a certificate of membership upon application therefore and tender of current dues as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
FDIC insured financial institutions that don't meet the requirements of regular membership could apply to become a Sustaining Member in the association. Typically, this category would be open to community banks from states that are not a part of the Alliance of Community Bankers and regional banks and savings banks that do not meet the criteria for "community" banks as defined in the bylaws.
Dues - Dues are based on the bank's assets. Click here to see our Dues Policy.
Benefits - As a member of IBAT, you receive a wide variety of benefits, including:
- Access to legal advice and guidance on compliance issues via e-mail and telephone.
Informative publications, including:
- Capitol Report, sent as needed to provide a status report on what we've done for our members and to communicate other pertinent issues/events. If you missed an issue just visit the Legislative Library.
- The Texas Independent Banker, an award-winning magazine published six times per year dedicated to keeping you abreast of issues affecting community banks. If you are not familiar with The Texas Independent Banker magazine you can click on the following link to access an order form for a copy of the magazine: Magazine Order Form, or if you wish to purchase additional annual subscriptions you can do so in our Store. The magazine is currently NOT available online - stay tuned for further developments on this.
- Capitol Comments, a "hot topics" summary of legislative and regulatory concerns. This newsletter is published monthly and distributed to members via e-mail. If you missed an issue just visit the Legal Library.
- The White Paper Series, an in-depth, periodic research paper on important banking issues. Members receive one copy of each White Paper for FREE. If you wish to purchase additional copies you can do so in our Store.
- THE GREENBOOK, a powerful resource book with over 500 pages of detailed, up-to-date information about Texas banks, savings and loan institutions, and credit unions - all right at your fingertips! It is published once a year using call reports from year-end data. It's the perfect reference book for anyone who does business with financial institutions in Texas. If you wish to purchase additional copies or the electronic version, you can do so in our Store.
- IBAT member pricing on all endorsed product and service offerings. Last year alone, IBAT financial institution members received more than $6 million in discounted fees on rebates through participation in one or more of these programs.
- IBAT member pricing on nearly two hundred education and training events held annually including all school, conferences and seminars.
- Nationally recognized legislative and regulatory representation at the state and federal level.
- Access to IBAT Groups/Forums through your myIBAT profile. This is an interactive group where you can read and post questions and discussions and best practices on various issues. Each Forum has a targeted audience. For instance, the Compliance Forum is made up of Compliance Officers and others who study and work closely in this area of banking.
- Access to the Loss Avoidance Alert System (LAAS) which provides a network for timely information on bank security and potential losses to financial institutions. It employs e-mail transmissions to send notification of alerts available on the secure web site of illegal activities, providing a valuable exchange of information.
How to Join - We'll be happy to send you a comprehensive membership packet or arrange a visit from Darlene Revers, Vice President of Membership. Call our membership department at 800/749-4228 or e-mail email@example.com.