WEBINAR - ON DEMAND WEB LINK - FREE CD ROM
Friday, February 4, 2011
8 - 9:30 am PT
9 - 10:30 am MT
10 - 11:30 am CT
11 - 12:30 pm ET
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) issued final guidance to address the risks associated with Overdraft Payment Programs. The final guidance has a nine-point program of expectations for Agency-supervised financial institutions. The expectations involve implementation of effective compliance and risk management systems; policies and procedures to ensure institutions manage any overdraft payment programs in accordance with the 2005 Joint Guidance on Overdraft Protection Programs (FIL-11-2005); and the amendments to Regulation E. So what does this mean for your institution? Are you prepared to meet the Agency’s regulatory expectations or does your financial institution’s overdraft program need serious attention? This must attend webinar will review the Agency’s nine-point program and overdraft protection guidance in light of compliance, recent law suits, and other regulatory changes – information you will need to meet examiner scrutiny. The FDIC expects these procedures to be in place by July 1, 2011.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
• Point 1: Board of Directors’ oversight and responsibilities
• Point 2: Marketing, disclosure, and implementation of such programs
• Point 3: Staff training
• Point 4: Regulation DD and balances that are displayed
• Point 5: Monitoring accounts for excessive use
• Point 6: Instituting daily limits on customer overdrafts
• Point 7: Consider eliminating the de minimus amounts
• Point 8: Use new technology to alert customers
• Point 9: Customer financial education workshops and counseling
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This must-attend webinar will benefit compliance officers, marketing, branch administration, training, operations, security, and all frontline personnel who deal with customers’ overdrafts.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Deborah L. Crawford,