Commercial Lending Series: Commercial Loan Workouts & Sample Policies
WEBINAR OR ON-DEMAND WEB LINK
Thursday, May 24, 2012
12 - 1:30 pm PT
1 - 2:30 pm MT
2 - 3:30 pm CT
3 - 4:30 pm ET
To quote the FDIC, “The agencies have found that prudent loan workouts are often in the best interest of the bank and the borrower. The agencies have encouraged and will continue to encourage bankers not only to extend new credit to credit-worthy borrowers, but also to work in a prudent manner with borrowers who may be facing financial difficulties.”
It is in each bank’s interest to develop a strong policy for loan workouts and collections. This session will provide sample policy language and explain how you can implement it. The manual will be in Microsoft Word format, so you can easily use the sample language to develop or fine-tune your current policy. In addition, sample policy language will be provided for troubled debt restructuring (TDR) that includes the latest regulatory updates.
- Collection procedures, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Five-step timeline of appropriate actions from 18 days past due to 90 days past due
- Collection practices for commercial loans
- The fine points of the regulatory agencies’ release of “Workout Guidelines”
- Sample TDR policy, including the recently-updated troubled debt restructuring guidelines
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan officers, collection officers, loan personnel, compliance officers, and auditors.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5.
Click here to learn more about the Commercial Lending Series.