Medallion & Signature Guarantee Rules & Risks
WEBINAR OR ON-DEMAND WEB LINK
Thursday, June 7, 2012
1 - 2:30 pm MT
2 - 3:30 pm CT
3 - 4:30 pm ET
Signature guarantees are not new, but financial losses and administrative problems associated with them are increasing. Many bankers do not understand their responsibilities when guaranteeing a signature or when using a Medallion stamp. This can expose your bank to substantial liability! The FDIC mandates that all financial institutions that issue or accept signature guarantees must have effective internal controls to mitigate the losses and problems associated with signature guarantees.
Would your bank pass this test? Do you know the differences between the various signature guarantees, including the STAMP Medallion Program? Join us and learn the situations in which each type of signature guarantee is required, including analysis of the risks and liabilities each imposes on your bank.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
- Distinguish between the various types of signature guarantees
- Explanation of STAMP Medallion Program
- Practical examples of common situations and how to handle them
- Liability imposed on the bank and how to reduce that risk
- Proper identification of parties
- Questions to ask: Is the signature genuine? Is the signer the appropriate party? Does the signer have legal capacity?
NOTE: This seminar is not sponsored by or affiliated with the STAMP Medallion Program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for any staff that issues/accepts signature guarantees or participates in the STAMP Medallion Program.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Elizabeth Fast, JD & CPA,