Documenting Your Required Information Security Program
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
1 - 2:30 pm MT
2 - 3:30 pm CT
3 - 4:30 pm ET
The FFIEC’s Supplement to Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment went into effect on January 1, 2012, and requires community banks to devise and document a layered information security program. This important guidance reinforces the reality that banks must have a risk management framework and a layered information security program commensurate with the identified risks.
This webinar will outline what this layered security program should look like and how to best document it. It will review the important regulation that drives security program documentation to ensure your bank can produce the necessary documentation for management, auditors, and bank examiners. Many community banks struggle with efficient ways to document security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. This informative program will aid your bank in documenting an information security program that meets regulatory scrutiny, yet can be maintained given your resources.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
- Blueprint for an information security program customized for community banks
- Leveraging risk assessment and IT auditing to define and test your information security program
- Security policy, procedures, plans, and standards
- Configuration standards
- Construction of a network diagram
- Keeping meeting minutes
- Security awareness documentation alternatives
- Information security program documentation necessary for your IT auditor and bank examiner
- Review FFIEC IT handbooks to create information security program documentation
- FDIC officer’s questionnaire
- Information security documentation best practices
- Information security program documentation tool demonstration
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for CEOs, COOs, chief risk officers, chief information officers, information security officers, chief auditors, chief compliance officers, operations officers, board members, and anyone responsible for internal audits
MEET THE PRESENTER
Dr. Kevin Streff,
Secure Banking Solutions