Required Compliance Series: Regulatory Compliance for All Staff: Red Flags for Identity Theft, Bribery & Privacy
Thursday, September 20, 2012
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Red flags for identity theft, the Bribery Act, and the Consumer Privacy Act mandate regular training for everyone at the bank. Why not get it all done at one time? Although the guidelines require annual institution-wide training, examiners are not seeing enough training taking place. Therefore, these regulations are getting more and more attention during compliance examinations. This webinar will cover these three regulations/acts in enough depth to fulfill the training requirements and will arm staff with the information they need to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- The segment on red flags for identity theft will address what each department needs to be aware of – from lenders, to front line, to managers.
- The Bank Bribery Act is full of “do” and “don’t” requirements for staff to guide them in acceptable and professional behavior. Since employee behavior impacts your bank (both positively and negatively), it is important to provide this training.
- Privacy of consumer financial information is a “common sense” compliance requirement, but there’s no doubt that employees need an annual reminder of how to ensure the privacy of your customers’ information.
- Identity theft red flags: What should different departments know? What are indicators that a customer’s identity may have been compromised?
- Bank Bribery Act sample policy language (a code of conduct) to ensure strong policy
- Cheat sheet of Bank Bribery Act major requirements to teach employees the rules – a great training tool
- Privacy of Consumer Financial Information sample policy language
- Cheat sheet of consumer privacy major requirements
- Quiz covering the most important aspects of these regulations. Examiners expect employees to be tested on compliance regulations.
IMPORTANT TOOLS PROVIDED
This training will include the following items so that you are able to provide solid documentation for examiners:
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a password-protected answer key
All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, and all other employees!
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request