12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Imaged documents are prevalent on both the deposit side and the loan side of the bank. Every day, your bank processes numerous imaged deposit records and handles numerous imaged credit files. Image technology can make banking transactions more convenient, but it also can complicate matters. Do you know which original documents must be retained and which can be shredded? Not all imaged documents are treated the same under the law. Understanding the rules can protect your bank from making costly mistakes.
- What is the distinction between an imaged document, an electronic document, and an electronic signature?
- Is an imaged document legally enforceable?
- When can the original be destroyed after the document is imaged?
- Can a customer require you to keep the original?
- When do courts require the original?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to both the deposit and credit sides of the bank, especially staff involved in document imaging, storage, and retrieval.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request