Upcoming 2014 Programs:
The IBAT Foundation created the Teach the Teacher Program™ in 2011 to address the national problem of financial literacy on a local level, by connecting local community bankers, local teachers, local schools and local students.
What is the IBAT Teach the Teacher Program™
- Six hour workshop using presentations and interactive exercises;
- Approved for 6 hours of Texas Education Agency continuing education credit;
- Aligned with personal finance TEKS and STAAR graduate testing standards;
- Developed by teachers for teachers;
- Working in tandem with TEA service regions, this important program is moving to each of the 20 regions; and
- Working with local community bankers to provide the program and follow-up mentorship.
Why Focus on Financial Literacy?
- Consumers in Texas rank among the lowest in:
- Average credit score;
- Household net worth; and
- Home ownership.
Why Focus on Teachers?
Past and Upcoming Programs:
2014 Edinburg Teach the Teacher ProgramTM
Teach the Teacher Program Honored with Power of A Award
The Independent Bankers Association of Texas (IBAT) is pleased to announce that the Teach the Teacher Program™, hosted by the IBAT Education Foundation, has been awarded The Power of A Silver Award by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE). The Power of A Silver Award is one of the highest awards given by ASAE and honors associations that engage in activities and initiatives that are essential to building stronger communities... Full press release.