The purpose of the IBAT Leadership Division Trailblazer Award is to provide special recognition to those in the Texas Legislature and U.S. Congress who are especially supportive of the independent community banking industry.
Because the Leadership Division has identified as one of its primary goals to become more involved in grassroots activities, it is only fitting that you should submit nominations for the Trailblazer Award. After receiving nominations for the award from the general membership, the Executive Committee of the Leadership Division, with input from the Leadership Division Board and IBAT staff, will select the award recipient. The award will be presented at a Leadership Division function in the fall. It is preferred that a state legislator receive the award during state legislative sessions.
Criteria for the Trailblazer Award:
- Nominee must be either a state or federal legislator.
- Nominee must support and exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit of Texas and our association.
- Nominee must exhibit the courage and independent spirit best captured by the independent bankers of Texas.
Recipient of the 2014 Trailblazer Award
Congressman Randy Neugebauer
Past recipients of the award include:
- 2013 - Representative Jose Menendez
- 2012 - Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
- 2010 - Representative John Otto
- 2009 - Congressman Ruben Hinojosa
- 2008 - Comptroller Susan Combs
- 2007 - Congressman Chet Edwards
- 2006 - Senator Tommy Williams
- 2005 - Congressman Jeb Hensarling
- 2004 - Congressman Kenny Marchant
- 2003 - Senator John Carona
- 2002 - Congressman Ralph Hall (Lifetime Achievement Award)
- 2002 - Congressman Larry Combest
- 2001 - Senator Robert Duncan
- 2000 - Congressman Pete Sessions
- 1999 - Representative Harryette Ehrhardt
- 1998 - Congressman Joe Barton
- 1997 - House Majority Whip Tom DeLay