Community Banks Across Texas Honored With
Best of Community Banking Awards
IBAT Recognizes Member Banks’ Impact on Their Communities
AUSTIN, TX—The Independent Bankers Association of Texas (IBAT) recently honored 17 Texas community banks with Best of Community Banking Awards (BOCB). This year marks the 29th annual celebration of the outstanding accomplishments of IBAT member banks and the critical role they play in communities across Texas.
“Community banks do so much for their customers, neighbors and employees but aren’t interested in receiving credit for these efforts,” said IBAT President and CEO Chris Williston. “The Best of Community Banking Awards give us an opportunity each year to recognize our banks’ tremendous efforts—both in their banks and in their communities—to better the lives of those around them.”
The annual Best of Community Banking Awards honor IBAT member institutions with a gold, silver or bronze award in five categories: bank culture, community service, financial literacy, marketing and architectural design. A “Best of Show” award was given to the overall winner, and three “Community Spirit” awards recognized banks that made a particularly strong and lasting impact in their communities. Banks are judged on innovation and creativity, the number of people impacted and the success in fulfilling a community or internal need.
Best of Show/Gold Winner
- Community Service: TFNB Your Bank for Life, McGregor (Charity Champions)
Community Spirit/Gold Winners
- Community Service: First United Bank, Lubbock (Seniors First)
- Financial Literacy: First Convenience Bank, Killeen (Dallas LIFE Partnership)
- Financial Literacy: Texas First Bank, Texas City (Banking on Your Future)
- Bank Culture: Happy State Bank, Amarillo ("E3" Happy Employee Program)
- Community Service: First National Bank, Wichita Falls (The 12 Trees of Christmas)
- Financial Literacy: Fort Hood National Bank, Fort Hood (FHNB Financial Readiness Program)
- Marketing: First National Bank Texas, Killeen (Digital Solutions Launch Campaign)
- Marketing: First United Bank, Lubbock (EVOLVE Campaign)
- Marketing: Independent Financial, McKinney (Rebranding to Independent Financial)
- Marketing: Legend Bank, Bowie ("Don't Bank Alone" Holiday Movie Classic)
- Bank Culture: First State Bank, Gainesville (Living Out Our Mission Statement)
- Bank Culture: FirstBank Southwest, Amarillo (Faith. Family. Bank.)
- Bank Culture: Legend Bank, Bowie ("Maintain, Don't Gain" Holiday Wellness Challenge)
- Bank Culture: Texas First Bank, Texas City (Rethinking the Employee Rally)
- Bank Culture: Woodforest National Bank, The Woodlands (Servant Leadership and Response to COVID-19)
- Community Service: Brady National Bank, Brady (BNB Spirit)
- Bank Culture: Brady National Bank, Brady (BNB Culture)
- Bank Culture: FirstCapital Bank of Texas, Midland (Keeping Bank Culture Alive)
- Community Service: Industry State Bank, Industry (Community Service Amidst COVID-19)
- Marketing: First State Bank, Gainesville (Neighbors First)
- Marketing: Happy State Bank, Amarillo (Open an Account in Five Minutes)
- Marketing: Texas Citizens Bank, Houston (Houston Heroes)
All BOCB gold, silver and bronze submissions can be viewed here.
We’re pleased to announce that TFNB Your Bank for Life received the Best of Show award in this year’s BOCB Awards for it’s Charity Champions program. Watch the video about this program designed to ‘help those who help others’—one of bank’s core values. Congratulations to TFNB!
IBAT is pleased to announce 2020 IBAT unCONVENTIONal – a fall lineup that includes events, education and connections. Join us for the Silent Auction, Live Auction & Songwriters' Showcase that kicks off on September 14. Then enjoy unCONVENTIONal keynote content for three afternoons in October. Next is Ed. @ Your Desk, a series of more than 25 educational sessions that will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the fall. Lastly, launching in November is VendorConnect that will provide bankers with the ability to “shop” with the vendors for products they want to learn about, while only committing to brief, 15-minute meetings with those providers they select.
Learn more about each unCONVENTIONal component and register today.
Compliance Pathways, IBAT’s newest member service, offers a collection of practical tools, resources and training modules created by the best of the best in bank regulatory counsel to help your team overcome the daily challenges of community bank compliance. Compliance Pathways offers 100-plus years of community bank knowledge and experience from our staff to help bring clarity and confidence to your staff. Learn more.
IBAT's Compliance Conference – now offered virtually – will teach the skills necessary for perpetually busy compliance staff to keep up. Attendees can choose both Lending and Operations Compliance, or select one.
- Operations Compliance: October 21 and Oct 23, 8:30-11:30 a.m. CT
As IBAT recently added an accomplished 30-year credit officer (Christy Hester) to our staff, beginning today we will be offering a Banker Hotline for members as they manage through the current upheaval within our markets and communities.