Five community bankers were recently named to the 2018 Texas Bankers Hall of Fame at Sam Houston State University (SHSU) in Huntsville. The following individuals are recognized for their significant contributions to the banking industry:
- David S. Barnard, The National Bank of Gatesville, Gatesville
- H. Gary Blankenship, Greater Southwest Bancshares, Inc. and Bank of the West, Grapevine
- David R. Brooks, Independent Bank Group, McKinney
- The late Walter G. Hall, Citizens State Bank, Alvin State Bank, League City State Bank, Webster State Bank and Bay City Bank & Trust, League City
- Jill Sharp Vaughan, numerous banks/currently at Zions Bancorporation, Montgomery
Blankenship and Brooks have held many IBAT leadership positions throughout their long community banking careers. Additionally, Blankenship is a recipient of the prestigious IBAT Chairman’s Award. The late Walter Hall was a founding director of IBAT in 1974.
The Texas Bankers Hall of Fame was established by the Smith-Hutson Endowed Chair of Banking at SHSU to honor bankers who have served their industry, community and state. The honorees will be inducted at the Sixth Annual Texas Bankers Hall of Fame Gala at SHSU on April 26, 2018. Congratulations to these distinguished bankers, and thank you for the vital role you play in the Texas community banking industry.